Xero is one of the most popular online accounting options today for freelancers and small business owners. For many business owners accounting is one of the last things they want to spend a lot of time on, but it’s one of the most important parts of keeping your business running efficiently. In this review of Xero, we give you all of the information you need to help you make a decision on your online accounting software. We break down the pros and cons of Xero as well as plans, pricing and more. This review is updated periodically with the latest information.
The Bottom Line: Xero is one of the most popular online accounting apps for a reason. Their simple and easy-to-use interface allows you to get your accounting done right without any major headaches. There’s a slight learning curve and some restrictions on what states can take advantage of their payroll services, but overall this is a solid product at a great price.
Pros – Where Xero Shines
Simple and Easy To Use – As a business owner you’re already busy with day-to-day tasks that are essential to keeping your business going. The fact that Xero is easy to use and simple is a key factor in why many would choose it as their go-to accounting software. The interface and design of their software along with tutorials make it easy to
Integration – Integration is a big part of streamlining your business and accounting is no difference. Xero integrates with all of the top brands including places like Paypal, Stripe, Shopify, BigCommerce, Microsoft, SquareSpace and more. In total, they integrate with over 500 business apps and services.
Mobile Accounting – Xero has apps for both iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android. This means that you can easily update and figure out any issues on the go. This is essential in today’s mobile world and sets it apart from some of the other brands that don’t offer a total mobile integration.
Cons – Where Xero Falls Short
Limited Payroll States – As of right now, Xero’s payroll feature isn’t available in all states. This makes it tough for those in the states not included to make Xero their go-to for accounting software. They currently cover 36 states which can be found on their website.
Xero Plans – From Starter to Premium
You can choose from three different options depending on what your business needs. They offer a starter, standard, and premium plan with each having their own features. You can figure out which plan you need by viewing our quick guide to their current options below.
- Starter – Send 5 invoices and quotes, enter 5 bills, reconcile 20 bank transactions. Does not include payroll or multi-currency.
- Standard – Send invoices and quotes, enter bills, reconcile bank transactions, and payroll for up to 5 people. Does not include multi-currency.
- Premium – Send invoices and quotes, enter bills, reconcile bank transactions, multi-currency, and payroll for 10+. This level of plan allows you to chose whether you want payroll for 10, 20, or 100 employees. The price does go up if you want more than 10 on the payroll.
Pricing – How Much Does Xero Cost?
Xero offers a few different monthly plans that you can cancel or change at any time. There are no contracts to sign and you simply pay monthly. Below are the current prices for each option. These prices are subject to change and are accurate as of the time this review was published.
- Starter – $9 per month
- Standard – $30 per month
- Premium – $70 per month
Current Promotions and Deals
You can usually find some type of deal available if you’re a new customer. You can find any available deals below that we do our best to keep updated. These deals can be anything from promo codes to discounts that are activated by clicking the link. Some of the promo codes are specific to customers in certain countries so be aware of that at checkout. Find the latest deals below.
- Up To 30% Off Plans – Follow the link to receive up to 30% off your plan for the first 6 months. After the six months are up your price will go back to the regular price.
- Try Xero For Free – Take advantage of a free 30-day trial to see if Xero is right for your business. There’s no obligation and you can cancel at anytime before your 30 days is up.
- You can find more deals on our Xero promo codes page.
Leave any comments, questions, or your own reviews below.
Leave a Comment
We send out the best deals for small business owners and startup founders weekly. Once a week you'll receive an email with all of the best savings available on everything from software and tools to office supplies and more.