Tello is known for its customizable no-contract plans that give you full control of your minutes, texts, and data. You can choose exactly how much you need of each to cut out things you don’t use to hopefully save some money. In this review below, we will take a look at their prepaid plans including pricing and any reviews from customers. We will do our best to keep this page updated with all of the newest information and you can always leave questions and your own reviews in the comments.
- Nationwide 4G LTE Coverage On Sprint’s Network – When you use Tello you’re on the Sprint 4G LTE network. This will give you high-speed data on most areas of the United States. You can check their coverage map to make sure there’s coverage in your area before you sign up.
- Calls To Mexico and Canada – Your plan’s minutes can be used for calls to both Mexico and Canada. They also have low rates for India, Cuba, and China.
- Ability To Tether – You can use the data on your plan to tether and provide an internet connection to other devices. Tethering isn’t always available with prepaid plans, but Tello has this option enabled on all of their plans.
- No Contract and Can Change Plans At Any Time – If you’re someone who has changing needs when it comes to minutes and data then you will like their customizable plans. You can choose exactly how many texts, minutes, and data you need. Since this is a no-contract plan you can essentially change it each month.
- Full Price For Phones – Just like other prepaid wireless providers, you’ll have to either bring your own device or pay full price. At this time they don’t provide any type of financing deal like other major providers like Verizon or AT&T. You can still get great deals on refurbished iPhones at places like Amazon or eBay.
- Larger Data Plans Can Get Expensive – Some of their larger data plans can get expensive. Their “Data Savvy” plan comes with 5GB’s of data but includes no text messages at $55 per month. You can get an unlimited plan from T-Mobile for around $70 per month with unlimited text and minutes.
- Sprint’s Network Isn’t Fast Everywheree – Even though Sprint’s network does cover most major metro areas, there are many smaller cities and rural communities where there isn’t high-speed data available. This is when comparing Sprint’s network to those of AT&T and Verizon.
- Economy – 100 minutes, 200 texts, and 200 MB data for $9/month
- Value – 500 minutes, unlimited texts, and 500 MB data for $21/month
- Smart (Most Popular) – unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, and 2GB data for $39/month
- Data Savvy – 500 minutes, no texts, and 5GB data for $55/month
- Build Your Own Plan – When building your own plan you can choose the exact amount of minutes, text, and data you need.
- find more information on plans
All of Tello’s plans are no contract and can be reconfigured whenever you need. The plans come with a set amount of high-speed 4G LTE data and then are throttled down to 64kbps once you have used up the data on your plan for that billing period.
Tello can be a great pickup for those who are needing a flexible plan with a low amount of minutes, texts, and data. This is also a great option for those who may only need a phone for a short period of time and have Sprint’s network in their area. If you’re someone who uses a lot of data then there are much better options as detailed in this review. Overall this is a prepaid plan and is built for those who want low prices and options. This is exactly what Tello can provide.
Links Of Interest: